Mike Esposito, a Partner at Norbridge, has for the last 28 years been involved in a variety of functional and corporate planning assignments for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical equipment/supply/device companies and diagnostic companies around the world.
Mr. Esposito has notable experience in:
- Development and implementation of corporate and business unit strategic plans.
- For a European pharmaceutical company, he developed its strategic plan for expansion to one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical firms.
- For a major diversified company, he developed a valuation and the exit strategy from a health care business.
- For a leading biotechnology company, Mr. Esposito led a team evaluating corporate development options, including acquisition analysis of two companies and one major product.
- Franchise/Therapeutic Area Product Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Illustrative categories include CV, CNS, Oncology, Urology, GI, Anti-Infectives & HIV, Diabetes and Pain therapeutic areas; Orthopedic implants; in vivo and in vitro diagnostics; Diagnostic Imaging, and, Wound Care.
- Organizational and sales effectiveness projects encompassing deployment, sales effectiveness, sales targeting, selling process, compensation and skills development.
- New Product Development including R&D portfolio planning, product development strategy and L&A/M&A assessment
- Acquisition and due diligence analysis
- Rationalization analysis in R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales
- IT Business Requirements definition
Mr. Esposito received his MBA from the Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth College (1981) and his BS from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy (1978). Prior to joining Norbridge in 1998, he was Global Practice Leader for Health Industries (Pharmaceuticals, Diagnostics and Devices) at Arthur D. Little, Inc. Mr. Esposito worked in sales and marketing for Pfizer, Inc. He has authored articles that have appeared in industry press and has been a featured speaker at conferences.
He has served on the Board of Directors of public and private companies including Aspect Medical Systems, Inc. (ASPM, acquired by Covidien) and Angioblast Systems, Inc. (acquired by Mesoblast, Inc.). He holds non-profit positions at the Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum and the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra and is a member of the Corporation of The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.